Looking for some help with your fundraising? Here are some tips to get you started.
- Start fundraising early! Give yourself plenty of time to solicit pledges and generate support. The more time you allow yourself to fundraise, the more likely you are to reach your goal.
- Ask your friends, family members, co-workers, business associates, clients, old friends you haven´t spoken to in a while, local businesses you frequent, and anyone else you can think of that might support you. You will be surprised where some of your donations will come from. It never hurts to ask!
- Make your ask sincere. Let people know why you are participating in the Upper Canada Mall Easter Seals 10k. Explain what the cause means to you and why it is so important to you that people support Easter Seals Ontario.
- Ask your employer if they will match the donations you collect. Many employers large and small offer Corporate Gift Matching Programs. A corporate match might be given to an employee who makes a donation to a charitable organization or an employee who raises money for a charitable organization.
- Encourage others to join you and create a team. Many companies will offer to match funds when their employees get together to fundraise for a charity. You could double your fundraising with no additional effort! Being part of a team also promotes camaraderie and makes your day much more enjoyable.
- Create your own webpage or Facebook group explaining what you are doing, why you are doing it, and how people can support you. Encourage your friends on Facebook to ‘like’ your group.
- Approach local businesses for donations. Please note that you should make it clear that you do not work for or represent Easter Seals Ontario and that any donation made will directly support your run or walk.
- Don´t underestimate the effectiveness of some traditional fundraising techniques: book sales, car washes, bottle drives, golf tournaments, meat draws, garage sales, bake sales and casual days at the office. These methods of fundraising are very effective and offer something in return to those making a donation.
- Take any opportunity to inform your friends, family and acquaintances that you will be running or walking in support of kids with physical disabilities. It makes for great conversation and can lead to additional pledges.
- Speak with your social committee at work about holding fundraising events in the office. Put up Upper Canada Mall Easter Seals 10k posters or rack cards to help spread the word.
- Be persistent! Don´t give up if your fundraising starts slowly.
Kick-Start Your Fundraising by Raising $700 in 7 days!
Looking for a way to get your fundraising off to a running start? Here´s how!
Day 1: Donate $50.00 to yourself
Day 2: Ask two businesses that you frequent (i.e., health club, local restaurant, neighbourhood store) to donate $50.00 each
Day 3: Ask three people from your sports or social groups to donate $25.00 each
Day 4: Ask four family members to donate $25.00 each
Day 5: Ask five colleagues, co-workers or clients to donate $25.00 each
Day 6: Ask six friends to donate $25.00 each
Day 7: Ask your employer to donate $100.00
Good luck and thank you for supporting Easter Seals Ontario!